Honolulu- The Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu is pleased to announce the search for Outstanding Fil-Am Youth (ages 18-35, students and young professionals) to participate in the Fil-AM YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM 2012, to be held from 11-16 July 2012. Up to three qualified participants will be chosen from the State of Hawaii and American Samoa.
The Fil-Am Youth Leadership Program is the initiative of Mrs. Vicky Cuisia and Ms. Maria Lourdes Heras-de Leon, President of the Ayala Foundation who has committed to fund the participation of 10 Filipino-American youth (ages 18-35) to the 2012 Ambassadors, Consuls General and Tourism Directors Tour (ACGTDT, 11-14 July 2012) and a special Youth program on 16-17 July 2012.
Notes and Reminders for submission of application to the Fil-AM Youth Leadership Program are as follows:
1. You must be between 18-35 years old by July 1, 2012. You should be ready to travel, by possessing a valid passport and other required documentation.
2. Submit your application online with supporting documents, including certificates/letters/any documents supporting information provided in Item 11, as scanned attachments) to the following email address : email@example.com You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your application. (Kindly cc: firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Please attach at least 1 recommendation letter, maximum of 2, (electronic copy) from your school/community/employer.
4. Deadline for submission is 15 April 2015 (no extension).
5. If you are selected, you will be notified via email by 15 May 2012. Final list of selected participants will also be posted online on the Philippine Embassy website (www.philippineembassy-usa.org).
6. Participants are expected to commit time and resources on “replication project” echoing and enhancing their learnings during the ACGTD Tour to their peers/stakeholders and to contribute to their respective Filipino-American communities and the Philippines in ways that would advance their causes and interests.
For interested applicants in the State of Hawaii and American Samoa, you may contact Consul Lolita Capco and Ms. Sheila Tarrosa, Cultural Officer at 808-595 6316 to 19, extn. 104 and 105 respectively, for any further inquiry and to request for an application form. You may also send an email to email@example.com